Airborne Technologies has proudly announced that a Viking Air Twin Otter Guardian 400 aircraft missionized with Airborne LINX will tour around the world for the next one and a half years.
The world tour will include briefings and demonstration flights in Europe, Africa, Middle East, India, South East Asia, Oceania and North America. The Viking Twin Otter missionized with Airborne LINX is the perfect match for Airborne Special Missions. The combination of the most appropriate aircraft with its outstanding performance and versatility together with a leading edge system architecture designed by Airborne Technologies makes the aircraft unique.
The platform will feature a right-hand S.C.A.R. – Pod with a Hensoldt Argos EO/IR turret and a left-hand S.C.A.R. – Pod with Leonardo Osprey Radar System ad Sentient Vision Camera System.
For the World Tour, Viking Air and Airborne Technologies have chosen the “crème de la crème” of the suppliers in the special mission arena:
• Aircraft: Viking Air (Twin Otter Guardian 400 series)
• Design System Architecture: Airborne Technologies (Airborne Linx)
• EO/IR Turret: Hensoldt (Argos II HD)
• Radar: Leonardo (Osprey 30)
• Camera Vision: Sentient (ViDAR)
• Moving Target Indication: Kestrel (MTI)
• S.C.A.R – Pods: Airborne Technologies
• Pylons: Alkan
• Tactical Workstation: Airborne Technologies
• Mission Computer: Galleon
• Augmented Reality System: CarteNav
• Downlink System: ECS
• AIS: CNS Systems
• Training & Simulation Equipment: Aero Simulators
• Mission Seat: Ikhana
The demonstrator aircraft will be revealed at the Paris Airshow right before it starts to its global demo tour.
“We are really proud to go on tour with this well-established special mission aircraft. The exact tour details are still under development, but we encourage already now interested parties to contact us if they wish to participate in a flight demonstration. For all those who are already curious about the plane - it would be our pleasure to meet you at the upcoming Airshow in Paris where we are represented and at the Viking Air Static Display B4 and our indoor booth in the Austrian Pavilion (Hall 4-A18)”, said Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies.
Viking Twin Otter Guardian 400